Thursday, September 2, 2010

Appleseeds, Chipmunks and 8 packs...

As my week of babysitting young Miss B comes to an end, I've been thinking about elementary school and childhood fun.  In an age where children are born using computers and have toys so advanced they play with themselves, I am amazed that I've been reacquainted with so many of my seven year old self's favorite things. 

Here's a list of items I haven't thought about since sometime in the last millennium...

Razzles, Johnny Appleseeds, and Lemonheads
(I ate a whole pack of Razzles today...bad move.  gag.)

Paper planes, paper boats and origami fortune tellers...this house has been taken over by fortune tellers



Saturday morning cartoons...Incredibly, it's still so much easier to wake up on Saturday mornings than weekdays.

Alvin and the Chipmunks (although the new ones look real and sing hip-hop. weird.)

Recess.  They make little shorts for girls to wear under their dresses now, so they never have to be tortured with "I see London. I see France."  Why did it take so long to figure that out?

Crayola 8 packs and coloring books



Friendship bracelets and lanyards

Fruit Roll-ups, Lunchables, and Capri Suns...they've all had face lifts. The new Lunchables (below) are on steroids and come with red Kool-Aid (bad idea, by the way...it might as well be crack. learned that lesson the hard way.) 


and the the juice pouches are made with 100% juice...It kind of scares me to think about what I was drinking...

Things I miss most from my elementary years:

Rainbow Brite

My Little Ponies

Strawberry Shortcake

Plastic lunch pails with a matching thermos

Jem and the Holograms

Popples

She Ra


What were your favorites?  Add your childhood favorites or send me pictures of anything I listed!  I'll keep updating with your fav movies, clothes, games....whatever!

Long live elementary school fun!

xoxo...

ki







1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be Pebbles Flintstone, eat captain crunch with crunch berries(when crunch berries were red!), touch Dastardly Deeds cool mustache, and bathe every night in a tub full of pink Mr. Bubbles(they were NEVER pink!)

    ReplyDelete