Tuesday, October 26, 2010

city sights...

Sunday D and I had brunch at the famous Little Owl.  As we waited outside for a table, I snapped a couple pics of our surroundings...


It was another perfect October day.


I took a few more once we were seated. 
(much to the embarrassment of D...he said I looked like a tourist.)
I love the mismatched table tops the crowded shelves in this teeny weeny little restaurant...
it feels so homey and comforting.



The food is delicious too...I love their brussel sprout home fries :)

I am so grateful for this wonderfully friendly October.  Every weekend has been picture perfect.  
Two years ago it snowed in October.  I remember because my old apartment on Perry St had a fireplace and D tried to build a fire.  Someone (I'm not blaming anyone, but it wasn't me) accidentally bought damp wood and instead of a cozy fire, we ended up with the perfect conditions for a BBQ pit.  The thick hickory smoke blanketed my little 500 sq ft loft.  My curtains smelled like baby-back ribs for a year...
  
I hope November is just as friendly...
(fortunately, we don't have a fireplace anymore if it's not)

xo...
ki


No comments:

Post a Comment