Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm soooo glamorous...

Earlier this week, my dear friend Ally had me over for breakfast.  Even though it was cloudy and damp outside, I opted to walk as I normally do.  I was in my usual uniform: skinnies, blazer, boots, and a hat...kinda casual, kinda cute.  I stopped at Dean and Deluca and picked up a cup of coffee and red vlevet cupcakes for my gracious host and then casually made my way up to her beautiful apartment in the East Village.  
We had the best breakfast.  She fixed everything you can possibly think of...bagels, scrambled eggs with heirloom tomatoes, yogurt with berries and granola...it was an absolute feast!  But in spite of the great meal and company, I was a little uncomfortable.  It had nothing to do with my host...she was amazing.  My jeans were bothering me...or maybe it was my shirt.  I couldn't put my finger on the problem, but my whole outfit seemed to be bothering me.  I  eventually decided that it was because I have been in my baggy work clothes all week, and I had forgotten what it feels like to be in something that actually fits.  No big deal...I was having a great time anyway.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Back home, I took off my blazer and hat in our entryway and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...
There was a bright pink thong folded over my waistband and fused to the back of my jeans by a very powerful case of static cling! 

I just walked past my doormen, through Soho, into Dean and Deluca, up Broadway to E 12th St, where I stayed for almost two hours, and then back through Washington Square Park, down Mercer Street, across Soho, back past my doormen, and shared an elevator with my neighbor...and the whole time, I had a hot pink thong hanging out the back of my pants! 

How is that even possible?  Only in New York is the static powerful enough to cement something to your backside for over three hours.

No wonder all of the men I passed were smiling at me.  I just thought I was looking cute for a change...

ick.  gag...

  

I am sooooo glamorous....  

Ladies of New York, let this serve as a warning:  the cold weather static is back in force! Check your pants before you leave the house!  

xo...
ki


No comments:

Post a Comment