Monday, January 17, 2011

Oscar(s) the grouch...

I am going to preface this by saying I usually do not participate in the who-wore-what-to-which-event sort of thing.  I don't like it.  I know this is odd coming from a dress designer who has spent the past eight-ish years designing special occasion dresses and wedding gowns.

I'm a complex woman.  What can I say?
There are some reasons for it, though...
Actually just one big one:

When I worked at the old job, I would find myself inundated the Monday after an awards show with emails from buyers and various fashion departments, insisting that we add something with tulle because everyone was doing tulle on the red carpet...or that we answer what Angelina/Sandra/Blah Blah Blah was wearing...or that we change the color of our catalog sample because chartreuse was everywhere...
aaah...it used to make me so crazy!  And I'm not talking about cheapy stores that specialize in knock-off prom gowns at bargain basement prices.  I'm talking about some of the top stores in the country.  You would be shocked if I named names.
What happened to originality?  What happened to standing for something?
And then after we rushed and rushed to create these "brilliant ideas", they inevitably ended up on the clearance rack six and a half months later...
It. Was. Maddening.
(a teeny weeny disclaimer: This madness was at no fault of my bosses.  They hated it as much as I did.  It is simply part of the business and it was happening in every single office in the garment district that Monday morning...well, this morning. hahaha)

I did, however, see a few women last night that were too beautiful not to mention, and now that I'm not so stressed out by the attack of my inbox, I have decided to indulge a little bit and share my three favorite looks from the Golden Globes...


Olivia Wilde in Marchesa.
Marchesa is always my favorite and I am dying for those shoes.  She just looks like she's having fun...


Emma Stone in Calvin Klein.  
She looks like an old Hollywood screen siren with the hair and eyes.  And her body...unbelievable. 


Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung.  
I hope one day that I will have as much poise as this girl has at 14.  Absolutely amazing...

Wow!  Red carpet fashion is fun!  Who knew? 
What do you think?  Did you have a favorite?  Tell me about it!

xo...
ki

(**yes...I realize that it was the Golden Globes...not the Oscars, but it sounded better than Golden the grouch.  xo..)

No comments:

Post a Comment