Monday, February 7, 2011

Super fun...

Being from the South generally means that you grew up a college football fan.  As a child it was a rare occasion that I heard my dad and his friends talking about which NFL team had the best offensive line, or who they thought would go all the way that season.  However, this same conversation applied to SEC football could be overheard everyday of my life...college football was real tradition, and I grew up knowing nothing but that. 
As a result I know very little about professional football and have never followed a team (sorry Falcons).  But now that I live in New York I am learning to embrace professional football and have even started to follow a couple of teams...sort of.  
Anywho, it has become somewhat of a tradition for D and I host a little Super Bowl party, and this year was no different, complete with a lots of food, drink and plenty of merry making among friends.  We had quite the spread, if I do say so myself, and no southern child in the city gathering would be complete without a few touches from home, including fried chicken and biscuits from Hill Country Chicken...


and deviled eggs a la moi...



It was just what the doctor ordered after a long, dark and cold January...for those few hours we all forgot how cold and damp New York has been and just enjoyed each other's company and watched the game.  A perfect Sunday, no doubt. 
Here's the deviled egg recipe for all of you who asked last night.  Super simple.  I mean, ridiculously simple... 

ingredients:
6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup light mayo
1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
paprika for garnish

Split the hardboiled eggs in half and carefully remove the yokes from the whites.  Mix the yolks with all of the ingredients except paprika.  Fill the egg whites and garnish with paprika. (I put the filling in a ziploc and cut a corner out, creating a little pastry bag.  It's faster than using a spoon.)  
They can be refrigerated for up to one day.  

et voila...the easiest deviled eggs ever!  This recipe easily doubles and triples (or in yesterday's case, quadruples...)

Enjoy!

xo...
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment