Thursday, July 5, 2012

I hope everyone had a happy Fourth!  We sure did...friends, rooftop views and fireworks.  Who could ask for more?  It was perfect and Mr P had a BLAST!!!  He loves an audience and boy, did he put on a show for everyone!  It was just a quintessential New York night...made even more special because I got to share it with my friends and my nine month old family.

Later in the evening after Monsieur L'Pea had finally retired to his boudoir (formally known as my boudoir.  Apartment living...another story for another day...), the girls and I broke into the bubbly--pink bubbly to be exact.  I have a love of all things pink and there are few things that make as happy as something pink and bubbly.


Anyways...before I knew it our little bubbly party had turned into a dress up party starring the baubles.  What goes better with bubbly than baubles?  Nothing! 


Sometimes it is just so much fun to be a girl and a giggle and play with pretty things.  I don't get to do it as often as I used to...say nine or so months ago...but it was just as much fun as I remembered.  As I sat back watching my girlfriends play with the necklaces and bracelets, conversation flowing effortlessly from one topic to the next, I felt the corners of my mouth creeping up and I realized how grateful I am for my friends.  




It reminded me of a quote I once heard by Proust:

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." 


This morning when L'Pea woke me up at the crack of dawn (it's as if he knew I stayed up later than usual) I decided that today I would spend the day being grateful...for everything...including waking up at the crack of dawn. 

So here goes.  I am grateful for...
my husband, my chunky monkey baby boy, my friends and all of my family...
  
the privilege to work with beautiful things and make things for people.  It's like playing dress up everyday. 

and all the cupcakes, cookies and pies in the world.  What kind of world would it be without sweets?


and last but certainly not least, you!  Over the past two years I have come to think of all of you as my extended family, an ear to fill with my random thoughts and ideas, a friend when I really need one.  This blog has become one of my most happy places, and it's because I share it with you! 


So that's my list...what are you grateful for?  Tell me! 


xo...
ki







No comments:

Post a Comment