Monday, August 27, 2012

modern brides: it's in the details

Modern details make the modern bride.  From a twist on the traditional veil to a statement shoe, a modern bride chooses current pieces that reflect her personality while enhancing the mood of her big day.  Below, a few of my favorite romantic but not too sweet pieces to complete the look...


Head: instead of a veil, try a an interesting hair piece or birdcage veil like these from bhldn 
Shoulders: a vintage inspired brooch like this one from JCrew or an over the top fur jacket can finish an ensemble with an old Hollywood vibe. 
Fingers: go glam with these gloves or a beautiful statement clutch.  from left to right: Valentino, Judith Leiber, Kara Ross, and The Row 
Toes: wear something fun or funky and let your personality shine through!  from left to right: Guiseppi Zanotti, Sergio Rossi, Charlotte Olympia and Something Bleu 
*and don't forget to decorate above the toes!  try something sweet and sexy like this garter  from bhldn...  
xo...
ki


2 comments:

  1. I just love birdcage veils -- I wore one for my wedding and I am so glad that I did. :-) These are great picks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! i would love to see pictures...I didn't wear a veil. or shoes for that matter (we were on the beach) and I've always thought that I would have liked a birdcage veil if we had done a more traditional ceremony. Please share!
      xo..
      ki

      Delete