Wednesday, September 29, 2010

i'm on the twitter...

Watching me attempt social networking is like watching a straight man try to pick out the pair of Pradas in a big pile of Manolos. It's not that I can't comprehend the task at hand; it's more that I lack the interest/energy/time/whatever to muster the effort...

Which is why I am not on Facebook (although I will fully admit to signing into my mother's account on occasion to do a little "research".)

I'm not knocking Facebook...I just never signed up, and now not having it has sort of become "my thing". (Actually, D doesn't have an account either...another reason why we are perfect for each other.) I do, however, have a LinkedIn account...but I haven't checked it since the spring. And while we are on the subject of neglect, I have two iPods that only get charged and updated when D finds them dead on my nightstand.
It seems that the issue may lie in my inability to maintain things that require a computer and internet...
i love sweet tweets!

Ironically, I update my blog all the time and love it-love it.  I suppose a girl has a right to change her mind...

Anywho, my BFF, an early adopter of Facebook and the Twitter, tweets or twits or whatever it's called all the time. After I saw her last weekend while footballing, I decided I needed to start tweeting (or attempt it, anyway) to further enhance our 8 year long daily banter (the phone, texting, IM, and email were clearly not enough options). On Monday I was sending out rapid fire tweets to BFF. Now poor BFF is inundated with my senseless tweets, and I'm starting to feel bad...she has a life (and a husband--hi J!) after all.
sooooo...I would love, love, LOVE it if you would stop by at www.twitter.com/asouthernchild and say hello!  I need some peeps to tweet with me!  

If not for me, do it for poor BFF!  
Hope to hear from you soon!
xo...
Ki

2 comments: