Saturday, November 13, 2010

when I was a little girl...

I loved making paper flowers.  My mom taught me how to make them when I was seven or eight years old and it quickly became my favorite rainy day project...
The other day, I was feeling nostalgic and decided to make them again...
They came out quite well.


I made these by accordion folding several layers of tissue paper and cutting the edges into points.  After cutting the edges, I cinched the centers with a wire and then arranged the "petals".  I used florist's tape to cover the wire and create a stem.


Afterwards, I did a little research and found a few new paper flower ideas...

I'm dying to make these coffee filter flowers from Design Sponge.


See the tutorial here.  I love the ombre shades of peach...they would be perfect centerpieces at a tea party or bridal shower.  I want to make them from natural or recycled coffee filters for a lovely and modern look...

realsimple.com mixed paper flowers with real flowers to create a modern table setting for Thanksgiving.  This simple version of flowers would make great napkin rings or place cards...



All of these are ideas are super simple and inexpensive...
And the best of all, these flowers never have to be watered (which is a plus for me...I kill everything I bring home!)

xo...
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment