Sunday, December 5, 2010

partaaay...

So I haven't mentioned it because I don't really like to make a big deal out of them, but Wednesday was my birthday...

I'm not the biggest of celebrators...I sort of have to be forced into my birthday parties.  I don't know why that is because I always end up having a great time...but anyone who knows me well will tell you that I become incredibly whiny and grouchy just before my birthday and then magically excited when the party actually commences. (BFF is probably laughing out loud right now...she has had to endure this ritual more than anyone.)

Well, this year was no exception.  I did not want anything to do with a party.  Not even a little one...
But D has never been one to take my whining seriously, so he planned a party anyway.  Under the guise of a quiet dinner for two, he lured me out of the house and into the fantastic Gottino, where I was met by about twenty of our closest friends and spent the most amazing evening eating, drinking and celebrating...

There was so much food and wine...it was absolutely dizzying.


Everyone got dressed up for the occasion...

(Kay's fabulous bracelet and RGA's dapper pocket square)

And BFF (D's partner in crime) made me cupcakes!!!



I have to give a very big thank you to Gottino's most amazing staff (the nicest guys I've ever met)...  
They even gave me a present!



Another very big thank you to all of my friends who so very kindly came out to celebrate with me, in spite of my recent grouchiness, whining and eye rolling :)
Your love and friendship is the reason New York City has evolved from a crazy little post-college experiment into my home of eight years.  You are and always will be my family!    

And an even bigger thank you to my most loving, caring, wonderful boyfriend and bestest friend, D.  You never cease to amaze me and make me feel more and more loved!
Don't know what I'd do without you...

xoxoxoxoxo...
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment