Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back in the city...

and straight to work!

Well, the post vacation glow only lasted a few minutes until I was slapped in the face by the blustery New York winds this morning...

Brrr...it's cold up here.  And so...
so...
what's the word...
Grey.

It looks nothing like this...


or this...


Nothing.  Brrr...

But like I said: back to work!!!

So I was out the door for a dress fitting early this morning...it's that wedding gown I mentioned before. The good news is that it fits!  That's always a great thing.  And we have the fabric...another great thing!
The sort of not great news is that the lace (from her mother's gown) has a few "challenges" to overcome.  Nothing major...just a stain here, a snag there.  Actually, the snags aren't even the issue...it's the color.  I have now soaked the gown in three different types of fabric enhancer/eco-friendly bleach/color remover whatever you want to call them.  I even used the one that took the color out of my shoes once at the old job...and I wasn't even the one working on that particular batch of fabric.  Still not sure what happened there...

Anyways, we have now decided the only thing to do is make the lace a little darker and hopefully a more uniform color.  I am actually typing this in between stirring my big boiling pot of wedding dress a la Rit Dye.  (I sure hope D comes home after I finish...I'm not sure what a man would think if he came home and found his girlfriend of six years boiling an old wedding gown in the kitchen...or, for that matter, why she was using his All-Clad pots for dying fabric.  Oops...)  I thought that I would surely be showing you pictures of my expertly dyed lace by the end of today, but alas...today is not the day.  Hopefully, it will be tomorrow as the wedding is on Saturday.

Yep.  Three and a half days away.

Feel free to freak out for me.  I'm too busy cooking a wedding gown at the moment...

xo...
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment