Thursday, January 24, 2013

she's a couture baby...

It has been a very exciting week at chez Pea...after spending the weekend down South with my preggy pants little sister, I returned to the City just in time for Jones (everyone has a nickname in my family) to be admitted to the hospital the very next day and deliver a beautiful baby girl!  I am so excited to announce that I am the very proud aunt to a beautiful, dark haired, chubby cheeked little girl named Jane.  I couldn't be happier and can't wait to meet little Miss Jane--or baby Janey as her little brother has already coined her.  
She is bound to be a fashionable little lady as she was born right on the coattails of the Couture shows in Paris.  It is a sign!  She is going to be my little protege!  
So, Baby Janey, only a day after you were born, here is your first lesson in Couture--your Aunt Ki's favorite! (and I'm sure it will be yours too!)


For Spring, couture was all about embroidery and embellishment and beautiful feminine silhouettes, like above from Chanel and below from Dior.  


Tea length gowns were everywhere, like this one from Christian Dior.


Elie Saab was magical.  Princess worthy.  


I loved the metal touches and accessories at Giambattista Valli.


And these ecru stunners at Valentino were perfect.  

There are still lots of things to talk about like princess gowns, red hot numbers, and plenty of whimsy...but that can wait.  

Today we are celebrating your arrival!!!  Welcome to the world beautiful little girl!!!

lots of love...

and hugs...

and plenty of kisses too...

Can't wait to meet you!

xo...

ki 


2 comments:

  1. My sweet little Kiley b,
    You are, without a shadow of a doubt, a living rainbow. You are colorful, yet classy. You sparkle and shine just by being yourself. You spread happiness wherever you go and you are a constant reminder of blessings from God! I am so honored to have you in my world. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gypsy queen aunt,
    you always make my day! thank you so much for such a sweet note and for always loving me just the way I am :) you are one in a million!
    love you!
    kiley

    ReplyDelete