Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!!!




So I don't really have much to say this morning...well, that is a Big Fat LIE.  I have waay too much to say! (ask D if you need confirmation)  But I thought that I would start with a little hidey hodey on this beautiful autumn day...

HIDEY HODEY!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful start to the season as much as I am...so beautiful that it makes me a little nervous for what's in store a little later.  New York has not had a killer winter in quite a while...

But why worry about that right now! The air is crisp, the sky is blue and the sun is shining.  The not-so-wee Pea and I just returned from two beautiful weeks in the South, and this delightful fall weather was quite the welcome home treat.

It turns out we had to fly all the way back to the big City for a little rural adventure.  This past weekend D and I loaded up the wagon and took our little guy for a little apple picking and a bit o' pumpkin patching.  The above photo is of Monsieur l'Pea sampling his hard work...he actually sampled his hard work after every apple.  We ended up with about three dozen apples with little bites in them.  I asked Pea this morning if he wanted an apple with his breakfast, and he said, "No more apples, Mama.  No more!!!"  So if you're in the tri-state area and you need an apple, come on by...we've got plenty and someone is over them!


The highlight for Pea, however, was the pumpkin patch.  It took forty five minutes to negotiate him down from leaving with all the pumpkins to leaving with two small ones and the biggest one Daddy could carry.  He has slept with his little pumpkins every night since we returned.  (I swear, there is nothing more fun than living life with a toddler.  Everything is so exciting through their eyes.  I can't get enough... )
It was so much fun (After we found the place...apparently our GPS does not like the country side and sent us on a tour of every strip mall in New Jersey before actually directing us to the lovely little upstate apple orchard.  This is what happens when you live in the City for too long, even your GPS becomes citified...) It is sure to become a Peanut family tradition.

See...D is right: I talk too much.  Just a couple of quick things before I go...

1.  Thank you to all of the beautiful women in my hometown, Albany GA, for supporting me and my little jewelry (ad)venture at my trunk show two weeks ago.  An extra special thanks to Who's Who?! for inviting me back again this year and for always hosting such a lovely event!  I love you all and I hope you love your new baubles as much as I love making them for you!

2.  Somebody turned two!  Everyday for two years I have woken up thankful to be a mom to the coolest baby on the block, and we had a big family brouhaha in Georgia to celebrate the joy that is this funny little guy with too much personality.  A proper post to come....

3.  I'm on Facebook!  Hooray!  I have joined the new millennium!  Well...actually, I am not on Facebook.  The Biz is on Facebook...I like to consider this blog my personal Facebook page :)  Anywho, please stop by and like it, if you haven't yet.  It literally makes my day when I get a new "like". There will be updates on the collection and a few little surprises like giveaways and sneak peaks that will only be found there.  Here is the link: Kiley Durham Jewelry and Design. While you're there, take a look at the new line and let me know what you think.

4.  My little jewelry and design (ad)venture is growing!!!  Be on the look out for an online store coming soon!  It has been a labor of love for quite a while, and I can't wait to show it off.  And while we are on the subject of growth, I'm looking for new interns.  If you or anyone you know might be interested in joining a small but growing creative movement, please contact me at info@kileybdurham.com.  I'm looking for someone who is energetic, upbeat,  and super-organized with a love of all things beautiful and creative.  Must be best friends with the computer and its applications (Microsoft office, photoshop, etc) and have a PhD in social media.  (Full and part time welcome...this is an unpaid internship, as most fashion internships are.)

And last but certainly not least...
I am an aunt again!  BFF and her husband welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world the same day that I left for Georgia.  She is so sweet and beautiful and the apple of her parent's eyes.  I am so happy to welcome my best bestie into the mommy club.  She is already a pro!  We have so many fun memories to make together...I can't wait.  Love you all so much!!!

xo...
ki


LOVE



No comments:

Post a Comment