Monday, June 24, 2013

wedding belles...

Earlier this spring, the impossible finally happened.  My older and best cousin--my big brother, really--finally got married.  When I say the impossible, I mean that our family had made peace with Adam's singleness...we didn't even ask because he had reassured us forever that it was not happening.  No...Marriage and family was not for him!
So imagine our surprise when he fell in love--and not just with any girl, but a beautiful, smart amazing woman, the kind of woman that evokes cliched phrases from the family like "she's a keeper."  And indeed she was.



I was so overjoyed when my sister-in-law to be, Lauren, asked me to create a special sash to complete her wedding gown.  We came up with a clean, belt-style sash that snapped in the back.  The clean bow-but-not-a-bow embellishment in the front was perfect for her all lace dress, as a big fluffy bow with tales could would have been too fussy.



Simple, clean, with a vintage feel, the belt was the perfect accessory to finish off her elegant look, which included her grandmother's beautiful fur and jewelry.  I even got to spend some time with Lauren before the vows and help her into her dress.  It turns out that she didn't need me, though...she looked amazing without any help. 




The wedding was a beautiful, classically understated affair on Skidaway Island, the perfect way to launch a lifetime of happiness.  I couldn't be happier for you, Adam and Lauren!  May the love and happiness that filled the room on your wedding day only grow with time (and babies...peanut needs a playmate!!!)



I love you both!

*for more about Adam and Lauren's wedding, click here to see the full write up from their wedding on style me pretty...

xo...
ki

**the gorgeous photography is by Erin Brauer of Something Pretty Photography.  She captured this wedding in the most beautiful of ways!


my little peanut in his fancy pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment