Tuesday, December 3, 2013

city babies: pretty mamas...

Ho Ho Ho!  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!  I even added a little red and green to the little collage today :)

So it's been a while since I did a city babies post...like a year or something.  Mama's tired...and apparently lost most of her brain capacity somewhere between the delivery room and well, you know, parenthood.  And I thought pregnant brain was bad...Ha!  That was just a warm up!

Another thing that went down the shoot with mommy's brain was a general care and attention to herself.  There just never seems to be enough time to get everything done and still deal with my unibrow or those flakey cuticles!  What's a mama to do...sigh.  What I have discovered is that routines don't have to be the big, elaborate ceremonies, requiring lots of time and attention.  Sometimes all one needs is a little buff and polish:)  So that's what I do now: some scrubbing, a little moisturizing and a bit of conditioning.  Below, I've made a quick list with a few of my favorite items that have perked up my post baby beauty routine...or lack thereof, I should say...


easy beauty for moms


1. Clarisonic Mia: I cannot live without this thing.  I'm serious.  Ask Santa for one...it will change your life.  That's all I have to say about that.
2. Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish: This stuff smells amazing and is my most favorite scrub in the whole world.  It is so moisturizing that you can go without lotion afterwards.  And I have the driest skin. Ever.  
3. Jason Vitamin E Creme: After the scrub, I coat myself in this extra thick creme...it helps heal scars and sun damage, is safe for super sensitive or breakout prone skin (I have both), and incredibly moisturizing.  I think it is supposed to be a facial creme, but I use it everywhere.  When I was pregnant I coated myself in this stuff everyday...my skin never looked better.  
4.  Josie Maran Argan Oil:  Okay...another obsession of mine.  I learned about argan oil when D and I were Marrakech a few years ago.  Everything they say about it is true.  It's great for dry skin, cuticles, split ends...bad attitudes (Well, maybe not bad attitudes.  But who knows?  Maybe you'll be nicer once your skin isn't so itchy.).  It's a miracle in a bottle.  Get some! 
5.  Fekkai Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner:  I was never a fancy pants shampoo girl until I smelled this olive oil infused shampoo and I was instantly converted.  Single girls: I swear to you.  Wash your hair with this and you'll be shaking the men off of you.  A man once chased me down the sidewalk to ask me why I smelled so good...he was a little embarrassed after realizing that I was holding D's hand.  D was not amused.  (True story.) But I digress...on top of phermone enhancement, it also makes your hair shiny and glossy and beautiful.  I like this little starter kit...it has a travel size of the shampoo, conditioner and cream and is perfect for holiday travel.

As usual, these are just my silly little opinions and have no intellectual backing...just my own experiences.   So now it's your turn: what are your beauty routines?  Anything new I should know about?  I'd love to hear how you take care of yourself, mommy or not :)  

ho ho ho:)
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment