Saturday, August 16, 2014

summer in the city...


Happy Summer Y'all!

It has been a crazy super fast year...I fell off the grid for a little bit but motherhood, work and life needed me a little too much.  You know how it goes...
I'm so happy to finally be in the thick of summer--mosquitos, humidity, sun burns and all!  It is the best part of the year for me.  Almost all of my happiest childhood memories take place outside on hot summer nights--chasing fireflies, eating ice cream, and playing in the sprinklers until we had flooded the back yard.  And now, watching my little Moose (the baby formally know as Monsieur l'Pea) make a few of the same memories, plus a few very unique ones of his own, has been a pure joy.  I told my mom the other day that I didn't know how much of these early summers he would remember but I would never forget a single moment.  It has truly been an all consuming happiness watching this boy live life to the fullest.
For the month of August, the Moose, D and I have relocated out of the big city and into a little house in East Hampton, NY.  Watching this boy take on the Hamptons and run around in his first ever back yard have really topped my list of favorite summer memories.  I put together a little video from our first week in East Hampton, starring my two favorite men.  After two weeks of attempts it just will not work on the blog.  Boo!  I am going to post it to Facebook, so look for a little video there.  In the meantime, you can take a look at my Instagram page for a little peak at our lazy and hazy summer days on the East End...

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Lots of love...
ki



No comments:

Post a Comment