Friday, July 23, 2010

a bowl of bracelets?


Somehow, in the midst of cleaning my apartment today, I ended up having an impromptu "photo shoot." (I use this term loosely in place of "procrastination"). I have been making jewelry for my friends and family since last fall, and now I have quite a collection of jewels--mostly bracelets. I keep a little photo log of each bracelet and give her a name to fit her unique personality as they are all one of a kind...just like all of the women in my life! I take apart old jewelry from flea markets and antique stores and buy really small lots of new beads from local bead stores.
For example...

rose

linda
Anyways, they were sitting in a bowl on the kitchen table to remind me to log the new ones. (I don't know why I keep them in a bowl on the kitchen table. I like to look at them, I guess). I don't know what happened but I got inspired (distracted). At first I just thought it would be fun to take a quick picture with my camera phone...well, it didn't turn out, so I was forced to get out my real camera and give it a try. Next thing you know, cleaning is a distant memory and my camera's battery is dead.
So much for cleaning the house today...
Certainly not fine art (or the least bit useful, for that matter) but a fun Friday afternoon diversion nonetheless.
Happy Friday!
xo...
Ki

No comments:

Post a Comment