Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I don't like mean people...

It goes without saying.   I don't think anyone does...

But the optimist in me wants to believe that no one really sets out to be mean to anyone.  Why would someone say or do something when they know that it might hurt another person?  I've never really understood it...

I have had a horrible week because someone that is more than close to me...the closest.  I mean, the absolute most precious, has been hurt by meanness (is that even a word?  well, today it is.)  Even worse, the act of meanness came from someone that this precious person only knows because of me...

I feel very responsible.

And awful...
and if I wasn't in Georgia right now, I would find that person and sock him/her in his/her face for making this someone feel so bad.

Actually, "socking someone in their mean obnoxious, gossiping, lying face" probably gets filed under "mean" too...

sigh...what's a girl to do???

-----------------------------------------------

So, I came up with a different idea....

The fabulous Rachel Roy has designed a bag to help raise funds for UNICEF's recovery and relief efforts for the recent floods in Pakistan.  $20 from each bag purchase will go to help the more than 10 million children that were recently affected by these floods...







What does this have to do with anything???

My mother always told me to "blind them with kindness" when I was a child...I thought it was horrible advice at the time, but she was right...the only way to fight meanness is to stop the cycle.  Blind the mean people with a new way of thinking...Be Nice!  It will confuse them and confound them and break down the meanness until they have no choice but to let it go.

So this is what I want you to do...
I want you to buy this tote (if you would like to...don't want to be pushy, but I think it's fantastic).  I want you to hold the door for someone, or give up your seat for a person who needs it more.  Smile at a stranger or say hello to your neighbor...
The bottom line is do something nice!!!

And send this message to everyone.  Facebook it, Tweet it, email it...whatever.  I've got a button for everything at the bottom of this post.  (And if I don't, let me know, and I'll make one!)  The point is to remind people that kindness is the only real option.  

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

No more entertaining the masses by telling a hurtful or embarrassing story, or lying and gossiping, or by simply not standing up to something that you know is wrong and will hurt others.  Let's stand for helping people in need, changing a life, or making someone smile.

It is officially the Holiday Season...what better way to kick it off than by reminding the world that we all stand for kindness???

Let's start right now and blind the world with kindness.

xo...
ki


click here to learn more about Rachel Roy's tote and how to order it...

No comments:

Post a Comment