Wednesday, November 3, 2010

pretty little things...


Willie Nelson has been singing "On the Road Again" in my head all day today.
Tomorrow I am heading South again for the birth of my little nephew, so I have spent a great deal of today packing...
In general I am a super light packer...I have made traveling light an art form, but recently my new found gypsy way of life requires a little more than a carry-on!
Regardless of the length of the trip or how much luggage I bring along, there are a few things I have learned to never leave home without.  Below, a peak inside my carry-on...

Untitled

A big tote is stylish and functional...I use it as a purse after I land.
Hand sanitizer, lotion and lip balm...do not leave home without these!!! (especially hand sanitizer! ick!)
Ballet flats will get you through security quickly.  I have learned that the longer you linger, the more likely you'll be searched! I have been searched in almost every major airport in the world...one time in Paris, a security guard completely unpacked my suitcase and then re-xrayed my suitcase empty.  Upon finding nothing, he left me to repack everything and barely make my flight!  Arg!   So my lesson to you is: wear shoes that slip on and off and zip through quickly!
I am cold in July, so I always carry a cardigan and a scarf for warmth.  On long flights I carry a little blanket and socks too.  
Entertainment is very important!  Books and a sketchbook...sometimes even cards.  I won't even get into the number of times I've sat on a tarmac for multiple hours with nothing to do...
I don't have one, but I wish I had a super cute travel documents holder like the polka dot one above.  Dots make me smile :)    

on the road again...
can't wait to get back on the road again...

xo...
Ki

No comments:

Post a Comment