Monday, November 29, 2010

princess for a day...

I am sad to say that somehow in the midst of all the holiday madness, I completely forgot to take pictures of Thanksgiving...
not even one.  
D and I were on the go from the moment he arrived in my hometown Wednesday night until we left for Atlanta to see his family on Saturday morning.  And after a quick stay over night in Buckhead (which was amazing by the way, but a story for another day), we were on our way back to New York...
Our heads were positively spinning by the time we got home last night.

I had really hoped to snap a few frames of my city boy D at my dad's cabin in the woods or my  little brother  running around at my grandparent's farm, but there never seemed to be time...

I didn't even realize that my camera had been so neglected until ten minutes before D and I left my mom's house...
I heard a little voice coming from upstairs.  "Ooooooh Kiiiiiii!  Come here for a second..."
It was Miss B and she was dressed from head to toe as a princess...sort of a Rapunzel meets Marie Antoinette look.  
Inspired by the movie, Tangled, which she had just seen the day before, she had transformed herself in honor of our departure.  



She was so funny in her fluffy little get up, bouncing around and swinging her long synthetic hair like a it was a lasso.  Every time I look at this picture I smile....Oh to be a princess for the day!    

May your day filled with just the tiniest bit of whimsy and imagination...
May you find something that makes you smile...
And may we all find the time--even if it's only for a moment--to feel like a princess today and everyday!

Happy Monday!

xo...
ki



No comments:

Post a Comment