Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the southern child questionnaire...

It's time for our next installment of questionnaire!
Fashion designer and co-founder of Sara Claire and Esther, Aimee Mars has kindly volunteered to tell us a little about herself.
Enjoy!

Mrs. Mars designed an aubergine gown
for her October '09 wedding.
She resides on the upper east side
with her husband and puppy, Dixie.
Hometown:  Huntsville, Alabama 


A little bit about you:  As far back as I can remember I've always wanted to move to New York.  I decided at a young age to move to the city and pursue my artistic dreams, and as I got older those dreams turned towards fashion.  Every decision I made was one to aid in getting me to New York.  I've been here for over  8 years now and have love and hated every minute.  The City has built my character and molded me into the person I am today.  Throughout the years I've taken steps towards living my dreams of being in fashion, but in this moment I can actually see those dreams falling into place.


I moved to NYC  January 3, 2003.  That day was frigid!!!


My best NYC memory is getting engaged in Central Park.


My worst...Looking back everything seemed so bad at the time, but now it doesn't seem that way at all.  I would say living here with no money, but we were all so creative we found ways to have fun.


My funniest NYC memory is...You have to have a sense of humor to live here so it's tough to pinpoint one memory.  I would have to say my 27th birthday party.  It started at Chealsea Brewing Co. and then we traveled to the Maritime.  The entire night was one big humorous mess and I have pictures to prove it!


My favorite thing to do in the city is... Saturday brunch, late night dining and drinks with friends.


Preferred method of transportation:  The bus.  The subway makes my skin crawl.


What do you miss about home?  Family, food and a simpler way of life.


Favorite Southern saying:  "I do declare!"


I never leave home without my blackberry.  I would say keys, but that's not true....which is why half of my friends have a set (way cheaper than a locksmith!)


I was never in a hurry until I moved to New York.


Favorite meal/restaurant in the city:  OTTO. I have some of the best memories with friends there.


Favorite meal/restaurant at home:  Momma Goldberg's and Chick-fil-A


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Here...just closer to the park.


Any last advice?  Stick it out.  Don't leave when it gets hard because victory is always just around the corner.  If you can make it here you can make it anywhere!


Thanks Aimee!  Visit Sara Claire and Esther's Facebook fan page for more information....

To participate or nominate a friend for the questionnaire, please contact me at asouthernchild@gmail.com.

xo...
ki

No comments:

Post a Comment