Saturday, April 2, 2011

another week...

has flown by and I haven't even dropped in to say hello.
Not once!
How can that be?

Well, time seems to be flying by these days, but I woke up early this morning to read all of my emails and catch up on my own blog reading.  I can't remember the last time I just had a moment to sit and read.  It. Was. AMAZING.  Just me, a big bowl of cereal, and the laptop...It was lovely.

I so enjoyed catching up with all of my bloggy friends and neighbors that I decided I would share a few of my favorite things from this morning's blog round up.  You should definitely check these out...

1.  Viva la garment district...


My friend and super talented designer at Good Clothes Open All Doors has a great clip about the Garment District...or as I like to call it: the Bermuda Triangle.  Just kidding.  (You have to work there to get that one.)  Anyways, watch it.  It's pretty great.  

2.  Fashion takes shape...


My long time pals and college buddies at SC&E Designer deconstruct the triangle shape and how to shop for blouses that flatter this very common body type.  

3.  I want a craft room...


but in the meantime, I have to live vicariously through Grosgrain's Top 10 Big Ticket Items Every DIYer Should Own.  Start at the beginning and work through the posts.  I'm going to need a bigger house...

4.  Funny bunny...


And I just cant resist a chocolate bunny in a beaded basket.  Visit Design Sponge to learn how to make the basket.  So cute...Miss B would love these.

And now a little something from moi....

Even though it says spring on the calendar, it says winter on the thermometer.  This Essie nail polish in Sand Tropez is the perfect color for chilly (and apparently snowy) spring NYC days...

And a couple of things from the workshop...

Some fluffy stuff for a friend's wedding gown.  More about that later...

And a set of jewelry pouches with contents pretty enough for a bride and her bridesmaids...and one little flower girl.  More about this one a little later too...

Amazingly, the sun has decided to grace New York with a visit this weekend, so I'm headed outside to enjoy it!  

Hope you're enjoying a lovely, sunny weekend too!

xoxo...

ki


No comments:

Post a Comment