Wednesday, September 26, 2012

photo album: labor day in east hampton


I am finally getting around to sharing our wonderful last summer weekend.  It's hard to believe that a month has passed since we were there.  It's even harder to believe that cooler temps and shorter days have officially moved into Manhattan.  At least I have these pictures to remember our family's first and best end of summer vacation.  
I have loved the Hamptons since the moment I arrived in New York, nearly ten years ago.  What is not to love: beautiful homes, perfect beaches, shopping, dinner, nightlife, beautiful people at every turn...I could go on.  In my twenties I loved the late dinners, the even later nights out, the lawn parties in pretty sun dresses, the champagne brunches, the people watching...there was glamour at every turn, and I couldn't get enough.  But, now, as that phase has run its course (thankfully), I have come to adore the bits of Americana that are tucked so artfully into this brilliant little place called the Hamptons: the perfect downtown square in each township, the ice cream parlors, roadside seafood bars, the boats, the beaches, the farmer's markets...a truly welcome change from the hustle and bustle of city life and a perfect place to make memories with the Pea.  Below, a few of our favorite moments from the weekend...  


the marina at East Hampton Point

We took Pea to Montauk for his first Hamptons beach experience...

He was marginally amused by the sand for about a minute...



Same goes for the water...

We had Lobster Roll Sunday (a summer tradition in Chez Pea) at Clam Bar in Amagansett



Someone stole my ice cream cone from Scoop Du Jour in East Hampton...
a personal highlight for Monsieur l'Pea.  (his first taste of sugar!)

we had to wrestle it out of his hands on Main Street...it was quite the scene


My most favorite part: a stop at the farmer's market on our way back to the city



From beginning to end, a perfect weekend in every way and a memory I'll keep forever. 

xo...
ki





No comments:

Post a Comment